Knitting

So...off and on for about four years I've tried to learn to knit. At the beginning of that I bought the "I Taught Myself To Knit" kit at Walmart and even though they come with a DVD, I couldn't really make much sense of it. And I should confess that I never used the DVD because at the time that I bought the kit, my youngest child was a toddler and I just didn't have time to sit down and watch anything other than Blue's Clues.

But over the years, and especially recently, it really nagged at me that I just couldn't grasp the concept. I always made the excuse that I wasn't coordinated enough to make both hands work together.

I don't make New Year's resolutions but at the beginning of the year I made up my mind to try one more time to learn so I bought a new pair of knitting needles (because who knows what happened to the ones that came with the kit) and started searching on YouTube.

Why hadn't I thought to look on YouTube before?

Anyway, I found some really easy to follow videos by Goodknitkisses and I'm not a pro but I'm learning.

I'm working on a headband now and I'm thinking of sharing the pattern. It's nothing fancy, just a combination of the stitches I've learned so far.

Happy stitches!

xoxox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pudgy Possum Bag Holder

Roller Skate Baby Booties

Pumpkin Spice Messy Bun Beanie Free Knitting Pattern