1. Measure the calfs you're making these for. You're going to crochet the cuff one inch smaller than you measured. The piece will stretch to fit.
2. The 3 dc on the ends of the rows will be the top border when finished.
3. The cuffs are created as a flat piece then seamed at the back.
• Size I hook
• Red Heart With Love Yarn in Pewter
• Yarn scissors
• ch = chain
• hdc = half double crochet
• fpdc = front post double crochet
• bpdc = back post double crochet
• sc = single crochet
• sl st = slip stitch
• st = stitch
Row 1: hdc in 3rd ch from hook and in each ch across. Ch 2, turn.
Row 2: *fpdc each of next 4 sts, bpdc next 4 sts.* Repeat from * to * across. DC in each of last 3 sts. Ch 2, turn.
Row 3: DC in each of first 3 sts, * fpdc next 4 sts, bpdc next 4 sts.* Tepeat from * to * across. Ch 2, turn.
Row 4: repeat row 2.
Row 5: dc in each of first 3 sts, *bpdc next 4 sts, fpdc next 4 sts.* Repeat from * to * across.
Row 6: *bpdc first 4 sts, fpdc next 4 sts.* Repeat from * to * across. DC in each of last 3 sts. Ch 2, turn.
Row 7: repeat row 5.
Row 8: repeat row 2.
Row 9: repeat row 3.
Row 10: repeat row 2.
Row 11: repeat row 5.
Row 12: repeat row 6.
Continue above steps until you are within one inch of the size you measured. (See note 1.) After finishing this part, hdc in each st across of the last row of basketweave you crocheted. Turn and sl st the two short sides together. If you finished at the top (the edge that has the 3 sc at the end of the rows), skip the next step.
If you finished at the bottom, fasten off and weave in ends. Join yarn at the top of the cuff in the space just left of the seam.
Round 1: hdc evenly around the cuff. Sl st to the first hdc to join.
Round 2: ch 3, skip next 3 (including joining st), *sc in next 3 sts, ch 3, sk 3 sts. repeat from * to * then sc in each of last 2 sts.
Round 3: *sc in each sc from round 2, 5 dc in each ch3 sp.* Repeat from * to * around. Fasten off, weave in ends.